My HNGi8 internship story
How I found out about the HNGi8 internship 2021.
2021 has been somewhat a disappointing year for me in the sense that i had limited opportunities. I had applied to many different companies for internship positions but I didn’t have much luck and most never even wrote back. I was ready to give before I came across the twitter account of the Zuri team and their internship program. After making further research about about the program, I decided to take the bold step of applying and frankly, this was the break I needed. I was a bit gutted to find out it wasn’t paid but hey! it comes with a free T-shirt so that’s a bargain. Furthermore, the program offered connections to different people on different stages in the industry so it is bound to be an anthology of knowledge and experience from which I am looking forward to gain a lot.
In addition to the T-shirt :) I look forward to develop my Web-development skills to the professional level while also building my portfolio and connecting with like intellectuals on the workspace.
Here are some tutorials that can help you get started with software design anf development;
- Figma: figma is a design and prototyping tool that allows the user to design an interactive module for a software which allows the developers to better understand the software being developed. The link below contains a basic introduction to beginners. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk1T0CdLxwU
- Git: Git is a version tracking and control tool used by developers to keep track of the changes been made to a software over its lifetime. it also allows users to collaborate on projects. The link below gives a 15 minutes crash course on git. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USjZcfj8yxE
- HTML: Hyper Text Markup Language is the standard markup language for documents designed to be displayed in a web browser. W3schools does good justice to getting started with html. alternatively, this link provides an introduction to HTML: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwNuvGLblJU
- Python: Python is an interpreted high-level general-purpose programming language. Python’s design philosophy emphasizes code readability with its notable use of significant indentation. A tutor i can personally vouch for to get you started on python is Telusko on youtube. Here is a link to his introduction to python: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEgO047GxaQ
- Golang: Golang is a statically typed and compiled programming language that can be used to develop simple, reliable, and efficient software. This youtube link helps to get started with Golang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75lJDVT1h0s
I am really excited to get started and I look forward to meeting the tutors and being productive over the course of the next three months.
Also I’ll really appreciate it if you can check out https://cars.ng